|Delaware State Senate District 6|
|January 8, 2013-Present|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lopez served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Children, Youth & Families|
|• Health & Social Services|
|• Natural Resources & Environmental Control|
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Delaware State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Claire R. Snyder-Hall was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Ernesto B. Lopez was unopposed in the Republican primary. Snyder-Hall will face Lopez in the general election.
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2012
Lopez ran in the 2012 election for Delaware State Senate District 6. Lopez defeated Glen Urquhart in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012 and defeated Andrew W. Statonand Gwendolyn M. Jones in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Delaware State Senate, District 6 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Lopez is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Lopez raised a total of $125,845 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Ernesto's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Delaware State Senate, District 6||$125,845|
|Grand Total Raised||$125,845|
2012Lopez won election to the Delaware State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Lopez raised a total of $125,845.
|Delaware State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ernesto's campaign in 2012|
|Delaware Republican Party||$2,000|
|Carpenter III, R R M||$1,200|
|Anderson, Margot & Daniel||$1,200|
|Copeland Jr, Lammot||$1,200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$125,845|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on "social and economic justice issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ernesto + Lopez + Delaware + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Senate
- Delaware Senate Committees
- Delaware State Senate District 6
- Delaware State Legislature
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Department of Elections, "Official Primary Results," accessed March 20, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Lopez, Ernesto," accessed September 18, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 21, 2014
Liane Sorenson (R)
|Delaware State Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|