|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 47A|
|January 4, 2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||United States Naval Academy|
|Master's||United States Naval War College, Salve Regina College|
|Birthday||August 7, 1953|
Leidiger earned his B.S. in General Engineering from the U.S. Naval Academy, M.S. from Salve Regina College, and M.A. in national security and strategic planning from the U.S. Naval War College. His professional experience includes working for Brothers Office Furniture.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Leidiger served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education Policy|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance and Policy|
|• State Government Finance and Veterans Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Leidiger served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance|
|• State Government Finance|
|• Transportation Policy and Finance|
Leidiger won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 47A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Keith Pickering (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 47A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ernie Leidiger Incumbent||62.6%||12,938|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 34A (2010)|
|Leanne Pouliot Kunze (DFL)||7,288||34.86%|
|Ernie Leidiger (R)||13,602||65.06%|
Comprehensive donor information for Leidiger is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Leidiger raised a total of $36,347 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 13, 2013.
|Ernie Leidiger's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 47A||$14,700|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 34A||$21,647|
|Grand Total Raised||$36,347|
2012Leidiger won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Leidiger raised a total of $14,700.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ernie Leidiger's campaign in 2012|
|Minnesota Beer Wholesalers Association||$500|
|Minnesota Oncology Hematology||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,700|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Leidiger raised $21,647 in contributions.
His five largest contributors were:
|Kohls Volunteer Cmte||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from February 25 through May 19.
- Liberty Minnesota: 2014
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating "limited government, free enterprise, and individual liberty."
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on pro-choice issues.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 8 to May 20.
- Americans for Prosperity Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored "on key votes on issues concerning economic freedom, which includes taxes, budgets and spending, health care and more."
- Minnesota Family Council: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to a socially conservative "pro-family" organization.
- Minnesota Majority: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "a wide range of issues including taxes, government spending, elections, childcare unionization, property rights and energy policy" per "the traditional values position."
- Taxpayers League of Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to an economically conservative organization.
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes regarding reproductive issues.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Leidiger and his wife, Jan, have three children. He co-founded a charity, Operation Homefront.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ernie + Leidiger + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Leidiger, Ernie," accessed December 13, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Leidiger, Ernie," accessed December 23, 2013
- Liberty Minnesota, "About Us," accessed July 25, 2014
- Americans for Prosperity, "2013 Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Family Council, "2013 Minnesota Family Council Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Majority, "Scorecards," accessed July 26, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Denise Dittrich (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 47A
| Succeeded by|
Paul Kohls (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 34A
| Succeeded by|
Joyce Peppin (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |