|South Dakota State Senate District 6|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Otten served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Otten won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 6. Otten defeated District 10 Rep. Gene Abdallah in the Republican primary on June 5 and defeated Richard Schriever (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|South Dakota State Senate District 6 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Ernie Otten is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ernie Otten raised a total of $6,814 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Ernie Otten's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota State Senate, District 6||$6,814|
|Grand Total Raised||$6,814|
2012Ernie Otten won election to the South Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Ernie Otten raised a total of $6,814.
|South Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ernie Otten's campaign in 2012|
|National Association for Gun Rights||$1,500|
|Otten Jr, Ernie||$304|
|Total Raised in 2012||$6,814|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Otten lives with his wife Betty in Tea, SD.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ernie + Otten + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota state senator says marriage bill fights 'radical activists' - OneNewsNow
- Lawmakers Discuss Bills In Legislature - KDLT News
- Senate quickly opens debate on Common Core this week - Vermillion Plain Talk
- SD Senate panel approves Common Core study - San Francisco Chronicle
- SD bills allow refusal to take part in gay wedding - Black Hills Pioneer
- "Intelligent design" bill in South Dakota - National Center for Science Education
- South Dakota bills seek to protect clergy, businesses refusing to take part in ... - The Republic
- A Common Core standards opponent claims they're part of world socialism - Vermillion Plain Talk
- Senate focuses on Common Core - AberdeenNews.com
- From the S.D. Senate - Rapid City Journal
Arthur Fryslie (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 6
| Succeeded by|