|Dr. Ernie Ward|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Other||University of Georgia, 1992|
Ward earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Georgia in 1992. His professional experience includes working as a veterinarian. He is also an education presenter and published author on encouraging better care for dogs and cats.
Ward's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I believe in raising our schools to the highest levels, demanding excellence from our educators, and paying them a fair salary. There is simply no better investment in our future success than education. Period."
- Excerpt: "Under the current leadership, our workforce is actually shrinking and education cuts threaten our ability to train a globally competitive workforce. We need to grow the middle class and give every hardworking North Carolinian the opportunity to find a good job."
- Excerpt: "We need lawmakers who are trained and understand science. Our state's rich natural resources need thoughtful caretakers who consider both the short- and long-term effects of our actions. We can grow our economy while ensuring the health of our environment."
- Excerpt: "I believe in fair taxes; our current system is overburdening most North Carolina families. Real tax reform would focus on closing special interest loopholes and establishing a tax code that treats all of our hardworking taxpayers fairly."
- Excerpt: "We need strong leaders in Raleigh. We need people who know how to negotiate, build consensus, and compromise not based on a political party's agenda but what is best for the people. As a successful business owner, professional leader, and champion of what is right, this is a fight I'm uniquely qualified to make for the people of North Carolina's District 8."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Bill Rabon was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Ernie Ward defeated Danny Hefner in the Democratic primary. Ward and Rabon will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Ward is married and has two children. They reside in Ocean Isle Beach, NC.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ernie + Ward + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 8
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Ernie Ward on Facebook
- Ernie Ward on Twitter
- Official campaign website, "About Ernie," accessed March 24, 2014
- Official campaign website, "On the issues," accessed March 24, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014