Esther Duran Lumm
|Esther Duran Lumm|
|Former candidate for|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Duran Lumm's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Restore proper funding to public schools"
- Excerpt: "Focus on teaching and learning"
- Excerpt: "Public and private schools can peacefully co-exist"
- Excerpt: "Support dual enrollment"
- Excerpt: "Promote legislative district 21 as an ideal place for new business"
- Excerpt: "Restore Arizona’s image by proposing and supporting common sense bills"
- Excerpt: "Advocate for equitable treatment in the workplace: fair wages, safe working conditions, health & retirement benefits, equal pay for equal work"
- Excerpt: "Support the importance of promoting and retaining fair labor laws"
Human & Civil Rights
- Excerpt: "Support equality for all – including LGBTs and women’s rights"
- Excerpt: "Enact and enforce laws that protect children, adults & the elderly from abuse"
- Excerpt: "Challenge laws that prevent voter’s rights"
- Excerpt: "Support comprehensive immigration reform with a path to citizenship"
- Excerpt: "Propose legislation that protects patients from medical mistakes"
- Excerpt: "Support legislation that promotes clean air and water"
- Excerpt: "Advocate for labeling and elimination of foods that contain genetically modified organisms and safe food for public consumption"
- Excerpt: "Promote bills that increase the use of solar, wind and other clean energies in Arizona"
Elections for the office of Arizona House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 28, 2014. Esther Duran Lumm was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Rick Gray and Tony Rivero were unopposed in the Republican primary. Gray and Rivero defeated Lumm in the general election. Bryan Hackbarth (R) was removed from the ballot before the primary, while Helmuth Hack (L) withdrew from the race.
|Arizona House of Representatives District 21, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Rick Gray Incumbent||38.4%||29,589|
|Democratic||Esther Duran Lumm||25.5%||19,629|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Esther + Duran + Lumm + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Arizona House of Representatives
- Arizona House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Esther Duran Lumm on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Arizona State Legislature
- Esther Lumm's campaign website, "Issues," accessed October 16, 2014
- arizonadailyindependent.com, "Candidate challenges," June 12, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election," May 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014