For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Hawaii, District 2|
|High school||Kamehameha High School (1981)|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern California (1985)|
|Master's||Johns Hopkins University Nitze School of Advanced International Studies|
|J.D.||George Washington University Law School (1998)|
She has twenty years of congressional experience serving as a staffer and believes it will help her serve her constituents. She explains, “Given my experience, I know a lot of things can still be done.”
- 1998: The George Washington University, J.D. Washington, District of Columbia
- 1988: Johns Hopkins University Nitze School of Advanced International Studies
- 1985: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, Bachelor's
- 1981: Kamehameha Schools, Honolulu, Hawaii
Kiaaina ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Hawaii's 2nd District. Kiaaina sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline was June 5, 2012, with the primary taking place on August 11, 2012. Kiaaina was defeated by Tulsi Gabbard in the Democratic primary.
- Hawaii's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
- Hawaiian former congressional candidate appointed to state position October 15, 2012
- Hawaii Chairperson of Land and Natural Resources
- AP Results, "Hawaii U.S. House Primary Election Results" accessed August 12, 2012
- Roll Call, “Hill Experience Could Help Staffers Win Seats,” accessed November 28, 2011
- Esther Kiaaina Facebook Page, "Info" accessed July 23, 2012
- West Hawaii Today, "Hannemann seeking 2nd Congressional District seat" accessed December 5, 2011