|Former candidate for|
|Michigan State Senate, District 13|
Baker's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs & Business Growth
- Excerpt: "The job market is improving in Michigan, but not fast enough! We need desirable, high paying jobs in our state—jobs that will not only provide for our immediate needs, but help us prepare for the future and plan for Michigan to not just “chase the pack”, but to set the pace."
Roads & Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "We must change how our transportation dollars are collected and spent, so that we are not wasting funds, but are ensuring that we are getting the full benefit of our hard earned dollars. This has to be a priority."
- Excerpt: "Over the past few years, Michigan has made improvements in its tax code, but the work is not done. We need to aggressively reform how our taxes are collected, making them flatter and smaller."
- Excerpt: "We need to make smart choices to increase our education standards and to keep us competitive nationally, but not with top-down one-size-fits-all policies. If we want standards, they should be established locally, with local groups making the decisions."
- Excerpt: "While we continue to fight against the negative impact of Obamacare, there is nothing that prohibits the State of Michigan from improving our health care system for our citizens and becoming a model of reform for the nation."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Cyndi Peltonen defeated Ryan Fishman in the Democratic primary. Five candidates faced off in the Republican primary; Marty Knollenberg won, with Rocky Raczkowski finishing second. Knollenberg defeated Peltonen in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 13 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan State Senate, District 13 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan State Senate, District 13 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Baker's endorsements included:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ethan + Baker + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 13
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- ethandbaker.com, "Issues," accessed June 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014