Etowah County School System elections (2014)
|Primary Election date:|
|General Election date:|
Method of election
Etowah County School System
Etowah County, Alabama ballot measures
Local ballot measures, Alabama
About the district
- See also: Etowah County School System, Alabama
Etowah County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Alabama in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 15.2 percent of Etowah County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 22.3 percent for Alabama as a whole. The median household income in Etowah County was $37,660 compared to $43,160 for the state of Alabama. The poverty rate in Etowah County was 18.8 percent compared to 18.1 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
Method of board member selection
The Etowah school board consists of seven members elected by geographic electoral districts to six-year terms. The primary election was held on June 3, 2014 and the general election will be held on November 4, 2014. Three seats are on the ballot in 2014, two seats are on the ballot in 2016 and two seats are on the ballot in 2018.
The filing deadline for school board candidates to get on the ballot in the primary election was February 7, 2014.
- Teacher, Glencoe Elementary School
- School Resource Officer, Gaston School
- Graduate, University of Alabama
- Retired educator
|Etowah County School System, District 1 Primary Election, 6-year term, 2014|
|Republican||Tim Womack Incumbent||53.1%||3,525|
|Source: The Gadsden Times, "Etowah County live election results," June 3, 2014 These election results are unofficial. They will be updated once certified election results are available.|
As of May 23, 2014, no candidate had received any official endorsements in this election.
As of May 23, 2014, no candidate had filed a campaign finance report with the Alabama Secretary of State.
The following dates are key deadlines for the Etowah County School System election in 2014:
|May 23, 2014||Voter registration ends|
|May 29, 2014||Last day for voter to make application for an absentee ballot|
|June 2, 2014||Last day for voter to hand-deliver or postmark an absentee ballot|
|June 3, 2014||Primary Election Day|
|October 24, 2014||Voter registration deadline|
|October 30, 2014||Last day for voter to make application for an absentee ballot|
|November 3, 2014||Last day for voter to hand-deliver or postmark an absentee ballot|
|November 4, 2014||General election day|
Additional elections on the ballot
In addition to the school board election, residents of Etowah county will vote in races for U.S. Senate, U.S. House, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Alabama Attorney General, Alabama Secretary of State, Alabama State Senate, Alabama House of Representatives, State Auditor, State Treasurer, Commissioner of Agriculture & Industries, Alabama State Board of Education, Public Service Commission, Revenue Commissioner, Sheriff, Coroner, County Commission, State Supreme Court ◦Associate Justice, Court of Civil Appeals Presiding Judge and Court of Criminal Appeals Presiding Judge.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Etowah + County + School + System + Alabama"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Etowah County School System, Alabama
- Alabama school board elections, 2014
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- Etowah County, Alabama ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Alabama
- United States Census Bureau, "Etowah County, Alabama," accessed May 20, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Election Information," accessed May 22, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Etowah County School System, "School Board," accessed May 23, 2014
- AL.com, "2014 Elections: Candidates qualify for election in Mobile, Baldwin counties," accessed May 16, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Alabama Electronic Fair Campaign Practices Act (FCPA) Reporting System," accessed May 16, 2014
- Mobile County Probate Court's Election Information page, "Alabama Voter Guide 2014, accessed May 19, 2014
- Etowah County, "2014 Election Info," accessed May 26, 2014
|2014 Etowah County School System Elections|
|Etowah County, Alabama|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 1: • Incumbent, Tim Womack • Phillip Stone District 3: • Incumbent, Todd Hindsman|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|