|U.S. Senate, New Jersey|
was a 2013 D-R Party candidate seeking election to the U.S. Senate
from New Jersey
He was a defeated by Cory Booker
) in the general election on October 16, 2013.
He was a 2012 No Slogan Party candidate who sought election to the U.S. Senate from New Jersey. He lost in the general election.
Challenge to election
On October 16, 2013, five of the Independent candidates filed a petition with the secretary of the Senate challenging the special election.
The complaint questioned the constitutionality, legality and validity of the election on three main issues, and sought to have the full Senate vote to label the election result “void.”
The candidates claimed three issues with the election should invalidate it: The use of electronic voting machines with no paper backup that will not be “impounded,” that independent candidates were not included in the two debates and that the Republican candidate appears in the first two spaces on ballots, despite a low turnout during the primary.
The petition also sought to have the Senate vote to keep Jeffrey Chiesa, who was appointed following the death of Frank Lautenberg, in office until the petition is investigated and decided.
- See also: United States Senate special election in New Jersey, 2013
Lavergne ran in the 2013 special election for the U.S. Senate, representing New Jersey. Lavergne ran as an Independent candidate. He was defeated in the general election on October 16, 2013.
|U.S. Senate, New Jersey Special General Election, 2013
|| Steve Lonegan
|| Edward C. Stackhouse
|| Robert DePasquale
|| Stuart Meissner
|| Pablo Olivera
|| Antonio Sabas
|| Eugene LaVergne
|Source: Official results via New Jersey Division of Elections
- See also: United States Senate elections in New Jersey, 2012
Lavergne ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing New Jersey. He ran as a No Slogan Party candidate. He lost in the general election on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Eugene + Lavergne + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Eugene Martin Lavergne News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 New Jersey Division of Elections, "Unofficial General Election List," accessed August 19, 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 NY Times, "New Jersey Senate 2013," accessed October 16, 2013
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 CNN "New Jersey Senate Race - 2012 Election Center"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 NJ.com, "Independent U.S. Senate candidates file petition challenging election," accessed October 21, 2013
- ↑ NJ.com, "6 N.J. independents running for U.S. Senate in October special election," accessed August 19, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Division of Elections, "Special Election General Election Results," accessed November 7, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey General election candidate list