|U.S. Senate, New Jersey|
Challenge to election
The complaint questions the constitutionality, legality and validity of the election on three main issues, and it seeks to have the full Senate vote to label the election result “void.”
The candidates claim three issues with the election should invalidate it: The use of electronic voting machines with no paper backup that will not be “impounded,” that independent candidates were not included in the two debates and that the Republican candidate appears in the first two spaces on ballots, despite a low turnout during the primary.
|U.S. Senate, New Jersey Special General Election, 2013|
|Independent||Edward C. Stackhouse||0.4%||5,138|
|Source: Official results via New Jersey Division of Elections|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Eugene + Lavergne + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- OP-ED: Promote Voter Turnout, Not Discourage It - Patch.com
- Critics claim Lt. Gov. broke law by putting Lonegan's name at top of US Senate ... - NJ.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 New Jersey Division of Elections, "Unofficial General Election List," accessed August 19, 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 NY Times, "New Jersey Senate 2013," accessed October 16, 2013
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 CNN "New Jersey Senate Race - 2012 Election Center"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 NJ.com, "Independent U.S. Senate candidates file petition challenging election," accessed October 21, 2013
- ↑ NJ.com, "6 N.J. independents running for U.S. Senate in October special election," accessed August 19, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Division of Elections, "Special Election General Election Results," accessed November 7, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey General election candidate list