For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Stackowitz's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Impacting Social Issues & the Education Debate
- Excerpt: "Eugenie has a passion for helping families in Wisconsin invest in their future and currently works for a wealth management firm. Through her stance on education, her honest attitude toward social and political issues, her platform is based on helping the community and listening to their problems. Eugenie hopes that people will choose to vote for the person running for office not party affiliation."
Playing by the Rules
- Excerpt: "Eugenie has entered the political arena believing that Wisconsin State's Representative should comply with the laws their constituents follow. At the very minimum, they should at least pay their federal, state and property taxes. Eugenie believes that people who constantly fail to obey the law should not be able to pass rules and regulations on others."
- Excerpt: "Eugenie is committed to being honest. She is always direct and answers every question to the best of her ability. If she does not know the answer to a specific question, she will say so, research the question and respond in a timely manner. Eugenie wants to hold monthly town hall meetings with her constituents to let them know what is going on at the Wisconsin State Capitol. She wants to hear what they have to say and to hear what their concerns are. Eugenie has grown tired of calling or writing to her representatives and getting stock letters which have absolutely nothing to do with the question or concern she addressed, or simply getting no reply at all. Anyone who phones or writes to her should expect a call or written reply back in a prompt manner."
Addressing the Issues
- Excerpt: "Many people are concerned about the Common Core State Standards in education. Having a love of math, Eugenie does not quite understand why someone would want to answer a problem in 12 steps when you can get the answer in two. She is glad that Governor Walker is calling on the legislature to repeal Common Core and replace it “with standards set by the people of Wisconsin.” Eugenie also supports educational choice for all of Wisconsin’s children and would love to see the Wisconsin parental choice program increased."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent LaTonya Johnson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Eugenie Stackowitz ran as an Independent candidate. Johnson and Stackowitz faced off in the general election. Incumbent Johnson defeated Stackowitz, and was re-elected to another term.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 17 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||LaTonya Johnson Incumbent||87.5%||19,666|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Eugenie + Stackowtiz + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Stackowitz for State Assembly, "Platform," accessed October 24, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |