was a 2010 Democratic
candidate for District 20 in the Florida State Senate
in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
Garbutt did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. She lost to Alan Hays (R) in the November 2 general election.
| Florida State Senate, District 20 |
2010 General election results
| Alan Hays (R)
| Eunice Garbutt (D)
On her campaign website, Garbutt lists five issues she is concerned about. They are:
- Excerpt: "The way to save money in the long term is: (a) not to spend money on things that are not a necessity, (b) fight waste and abuse at every level, and (c) identify and take advantage of public programs and services with a high return on investment."
- More Jobs and Stronger Economy
- Excerpt: "She will collaborate with leaders in her District and in the Florida Legislature; to ensure that Floridians have access to education and training that will prepare them for careers and high-wage jobs."
- Excerpt: "Eunice will work to make “No Child Left Behind” more productive and less punitive. She will fight for America’s future leaders from preschool through college by working to expand Head Start programs; provide incentives to attract and retain highly-skilled teachers; and make college more accessible and affordable."
- Environment and Green Energy
- Excerpt: "Eunice will work to expand the economy by supporting the development of new, emerging industries that will provide high tech, high wage, and environmentally clean jobs. Her focus will be driven by the growing health care industry, and a viable alternative energy industry."
- Excerpt: "Keeping our homes, our neighborhoods, and our citizens safe is critical. Eunice believes a society in which families and communities can develop and flourish free from the social and economic conditions that threaten our stability and make us unsafe"