|Florida House of Representatives, District 99|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Florida House Of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University (1999)|
|Master's||Florida State University (2002)|
|Birthday||September 4, 1977|
|Place of birth||Hollywood, Florida|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Jenne has worked as a banker, and is a member of the Child Net Advisory Board, Dania Beach Chamber of Commerce, Davie/Cooper City Chamber of Commerce, Florida Ocean Science Institute Board, Optimist Club of Cooper City, and is National Co-Chairman of State Legislators Against Illegal Guns.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jenne served on these committees:
- Economic Affairs
- Select Committee on Water Policy
- Subcommittee on Insurance and Banking
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations, Ranking Minority Member
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jenne served on these committees:
- Insurance, Business & Financial Affairs Policy Committee
- Military & Local Affairs Policy Committee
- Policy Council
- Rules & Calendar Council
- Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations Committee (Ranking Minority Member)
Jenne did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Jenne's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 19 - "Public K-12 Educational Instruction: Deletes provisions that require schools to teach abstinence from sexual activity outside of marriage as the expected standard for all school-age students as part of instruction in human sexuality."
- HB 715 - "Citizens Property Insurance Corporation: Revises plan of operation requirements for basic personal lines policy forms to specify no limitations on replacement costs or coverage amounts for specified dwellings."
- HB 727 - "Public Records and Meetings/Firefighter Complaints: Provides exemption from public records requirements for disciplinary complaint filed against firefighter & related investigative records"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Evan Jenne was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Jenne ran for re-election to the 100th District seat in 2010. He did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. Jenne defeated Edward Bender (NPA) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 100 |
2010 General election results
|Evan Jenne (D)||18,946||65.8%|
|Edward Bender (NPA)||9,861||34.2%|
In 2010, Jenne raised $116,931 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Hospital Corp Of America||$2,000|
|Florida Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Southern Gardens Citrus Holding Corp||$2,000|
Below are Jenne's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,000|
|American Marketing & Management||$1,500|
|Port Everglades Pilots Assoc||$1,000|
|Ronald Book Government Consultants||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Evan + Jenne + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House of Representatives District 99
- Florida House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Evan Jenne
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jenne Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jenne Issue Positions
- Florida Division of Elections, "2014 Florida Election Watch - Multi-County or District Offices," accessed September 3, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- District 100 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 100
| Succeeded by|
Joseph A. Gibbons (D)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |