|Florida House of Representatives, District 99|
|November 18, 2014 - Present|
|November 14, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Florida House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University (1999)|
|Master's||Florida State University (2002)|
|Date of birth||September 4, 1977|
|Place of birth||Hollywood, Florida|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Jenne's professional experience includes working as a banker. He is a member of the Child Net Advisory Board, Dania Beach Chamber of Commerce, Davie/Cooper City Chamber of Commerce, Florida Ocean Science Institute Board, Optimist Club of Cooper City and is National Co-Chairman of State Legislators Against Illegal Guns.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Jenne served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Economic Affairs|
|• Regulatory Affairs|
|• Rules, Calendar & Ethics|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jenne served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Economic Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jenne served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Insurance, Business & Financial Affairs Policy|
|• Military & Local Affairs Policy|
|• Policy Council|
|• Rules & Calendar|
|• Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations|
Jenne did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Jenne's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 19 - "Public K-12 Educational Instruction: Deletes provisions that require schools to teach abstinence from sexual activity outside of marriage as the expected standard for all school-age students as part of instruction in human sexuality."
- HB 715 - "Citizens Property Insurance Corporation: Revises plan of operation requirements for basic personal lines policy forms to specify no limitations on replacement costs or coverage amounts for specified dwellings."
- HB 727 - "Public Records and Meetings/Firefighter Complaints: Provides exemption from public records requirements for disciplinary complaint filed against firefighter & related investigative records"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Evan Jenne was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Jenne ran for re-election to the 100th District seat in 2010. He did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. Jenne defeated Edward Bender (NPA) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 100 |
2010 General election results
|Evan Jenne (D)||18,946||65.8%|
|Edward Bender (NPA)||9,861||34.2%|
In 2010, Jenne raised $116,931 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Hospital Corp Of America||$2,000|
|Florida Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Southern Gardens Citrus Holding Corp||$2,000|
Below are Jenne's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,000|
|American Marketing & Management||$1,500|
|Port Everglades Pilots Assoc||$1,000|
|Ronald Book Government Consultants||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Evan + Jenne + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Profile from the Florida House of Representatives
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed November 18, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jenne Issue Positions
- Florida Division of Elections, "2014 Florida Election Watch - Multi-County or District Offices," accessed September 3, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Election Watch, "2010 Election results," accessed December 16, 2014
- District 100 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
Elaine Schwartz (D)
|Florida House of Representatives District 99
| Succeeded by|
|Florida House of Representatives District 100
| Succeeded by|
Joseph A. Gibbons (D)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |