Evandro C. Carvalho
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifth Suffolk District|
|May 14, 2014 - Present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||April 29, 2014|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Evandro C. Carvalho defeated Althea Garrison in the Democratic primary. Claudette Joseph was unopposed in the Republican primary. Carvalho defeated Joseph in the general election.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifth Suffolk District Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Evandro Carvalho Incumbent||65.6%||1,637|
Evandro C. Carvalho defeated Karen A. Charles-Peterson, Jennifer Anne Johnson, Barry Lawton and Roy Owens in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the special election, which took place on April 29.
The seat was vacant following Carlos Henriquez's (D) expulsion from the chamber on February 6.
A special election for the position of Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifth Suffolk District was called for April 29, with a primary on April 1. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 24.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Evandro + Carvalho + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifth Suffolk District
- State legislative special elections, 2014
- Profile from the Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- dotnews.com "Carvalho wins Democratic primary in Fifth Suffolk race to replace Henriquez," April 1, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of State "Special Election Calendar," accessed April 3, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of State "Official candidate list," accessed April 3, 2014
Carlos Henriquez (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifth Suffolk District
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |