FOIAchat was a weekly conference on Twitter from 2 PM to 3 PM EST under the hashtag #foiachat. The discussion invited collaboration between activists, citizens, bloggers and journalists on public records requests topics. Topics included the Freedom of Information Act and state equivalents, open meetings laws, and related issues.
FOIAchat was decommissioned in 2013. Read our legal disclaimer.
FOIAchat served as a forum for engaging discussion. Anyone on Twitter was welcome to participate, and all levels of knowledge were welcomed. Discussions have been summarized through archived minutes below.
- January 11 FOIA in the news
- January 18 Health care data and public records
- January 25 Public records and racial data
- February 1 Guns and FOIA
- February 8 FBI and public records
- February 15 Open meetings and activists
- February 22 FOIA Forum
- January 11— FOIA in the news
- January 18— Health care data and public records
- January 25— Public records and racial data
- February 1— Guns and FOIA
- February 8— FBI and FOIA
- February 15— Open meetings and activists
- February 22— FOIA Forum
- March 1— Strength of public meetings and records laws, pursuing records on your own
- March 8—
- March 15—
- March 22— Disclosure laws, privacy laws
- March 29— Policing the police
|Public records resources|
|FOIAchat by year|