|Mayor of Washington, D.C.|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Actress and Musician|
Faith was born in 1924. Her professional experience includes working as an actress and musician. In 1962, she starred in the movie Gypsy, playing the role of Mazeppa. She had previously played the character of Mazeppa in a Broadway production of Gypsy in 1959.
- See also: Washington, D.C. mayoral election, 2014
Washington, D.C. will hold mayoral elections on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on April 1. Muriel Bowser defeated incumbent Vincent Gray, Carlos Allen, Christian A. Carter, Jack Evans, Michael Green, Reta Jo Lewis, Vincent Orange, Luis Poblete, Frank Sewell, Andy Shallal, Octavia Wells and Tommy Wells in the Democratic primary. Faith was unopposed in the D.C. Statehood Green Party primary, while Bruce Majors was unopposed in the Libertarian primary. Bowser will face Faith, Majors, David Catania (I), Ben Foshager (I) and Carol Schwartz (I) in the general election.
On her campaign website, Faith provided the following statement about her political platform:
- "As a D.C. sovereignty and statehood activist, I have determined the necessity of empowering the Advisory Neighborhood Commissions (ANC) as mini governmental and intercultural community centers. These centers will integrate many municipal functions, such as clearing-houses for legislation, family counseling, drug rehabilitation, and studies in racism and culture. I’ve engineered a plan of pure democracy infusing the formula of FDR’s Works Project Administration (WPA) Federal Art Project as the structural girder."
In response a question about her political platform for 2014 from the Washington Post, she stated:
- "The main issue is “arts around the clock.” I’m old enough to be familiar with Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s New Deal for the arts. We had arts around the clock — painting, music, dance. And it was free! It was so therapeutic."
|Mayor of Washington, D.C., 2010|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Faith + Mayor + Washington + D.C."
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington Post, "Trumpeting Faith Meet a Bugle-Blaring Mayoral Candidate Who's Positive About the Art of the Campaign," August 20, 2002
- Faith 4 Mayor, "Homepage," accessed on September 5, 2014
- Imdb.com, "Gypsy," accessed on September 5, 2014
- Washington Post, "Faith for D.C. mayor: behind the 90-year-old’s ninth campaign," August 13, 2014
- District of Columbia Board of Elections, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 16, 2014
- District of Columbia Board of Elections, "Official primary election results," accessed June 16, 2014
- Washington D.C. Board of Elections, "2010 General Election Results," accessed on September 9, 2014