|Governor of Florida|
|Party||No Party Affiliation|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Yazd, Iran|
- See also: Florida gubernatorial election, 2014
Sources such as Governing, Larry Sabato's Crystal Ball, The Washington Post and Daily Kos have consistently rated Scott among the top five most vulnerable gubernatorial incumbents facing re-election in 2014.
In June 2013, ex-Florida Sen. Nan Rich became the first Democratic candidate in the race. She was later joined by former governor and newly minted Democrat Charlie Crist, whose candidacy looms threateningly over Scott's re-election campaign. 
Long affiliated with the Republican Party, Crist's first party switch occurred in 2010, when, after losing the Republican primary for U.S. Senate to Marco Rubio, he became an Independent as a way to preserve his candidacy into the general election. Crist's latest party makeover in the fall of 2013 was widely interpreted as a strategic maneuver aimed at helping him unseat Scott in 2014.
As the Crist story unfolded and media coverage about Scott's struggles increased, a slew of other lesser-known hopefuls began filing for the office, mainly from third parties and independents. By October 2013, there were over twenty hopefuls were actively petitioning for a place on the primary or general election ballot. When the filing window finally closed on June 20, 2014, the number had dropped to—a still a remarkable—eighteen qualified gubernatorial candidates. The Republican field settled to three, including Scott, while the Democratic field remained at two. Sole Libertarian candidate Adrian Wyllie is headed directly to the general election, along with nine write-ins and three candidates with no stated party affiliation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Farid + Khavari + Governor + Florida
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Farid Khavari for Governor 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed November 4, 2013
- Farid Khavari for Governor 2014 Official campaign website, "Press releases: Khavari to Run for Governor as an Independent," June 15, 2013
- University of Virginia Center for Politics: Larry Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2013-2014 Gubernatorial Races," April 29, 2013
- The Washington Post, "The Fix's top gubernatorial races," September 27, 2013
- Daily Kos, "Daily Kos Elections gubernatorial race ratings: Initial ratings for 2013-14," October 6, 2013
- Governing Politics, "2013-2014 Governor's Races: Who's Vulnerable?," December 12, 2012
- The Sun Sentinel, "Charlie Christ Announces Candidacy For Florida's Governor, As A Democrat," November 4, 2013
- Politico, "Ex-GOP Fla. Gov. Charlie Crist to run for job as Democrat," November 1, 2013
- The Daily Caller, "Charlie Crist briefly visits with Democratic Governors Association," January 9, 2013
- The Hill, "Charlie Crist joins Democratic party ahead of gubernatorial election," December 8, 2012
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election - Governor," accessed October 7, 2013
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election - Governor," accessed July 22, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |