Fatimah Muhammad (Illinois)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Illinois, District 2|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois at Chicago|
She received her bacehlor of arts degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago. She went on to earn both her master's and doctorate degrees from Northwestern University. She is an assistant professor at Chicago State University in the Communications, Media Arts, and Theatre program.
Muhammad's campaign website lists the following issues:
- bringing Pres. Obama's economic development, job creation, and healthcare agendas home to the 2nd Congressional District
- accessible and effective higher education (education & workforce)
- youth development programs (.e.g. mentoring, jobs & training, violence prevention, life skills education as an alternative to incarceration)
- re-integration programs for veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan & for most ex-offenders (or as I learned to seem the "survivors" of system)
Muhammad ran in the 2013 special election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 2nd District. The election was held to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr.. Muhammad lost in the Democratic primary to Robin Kelly.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 2 Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Denise Anita Hill||0%||4|
|Source: Results via Illinois State Board of Elections|
|Illinois' 3rd Congressional District, Democratic primary|
|Poll||Debbie Halvorson||Toi Hutchinson||Robin Kelly||Napoleon Harris||Mel Reynolds||Anthony Beale||Other||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|GBA Strategies (January 3-7)||25%||16%||15%||9%||8%||10%||2%||15%||+/-4.4||500|
|Normington-Petts (January 8-10)||16%||12%||8%||7%||7%||5%||5%||40%||+/-4.9||400|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to email@example.com|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Fatimah + Muhammad + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |