Faulkner County, Arkansas
- Main article: Evaluation of Arkansas county websites
- The current budget document is available.
- Meeting dates and times are posted.
- Quorum court members are listed with contact information.
- Tax details are posted.
- Some administrative contact details are available on individual department webpages.
- Archived budget documents are not posted. The current budget document is only posted as a meeting document.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
- Meeting agendas and minutes are not available.
- There is no information on revenues, building permits and zoning, audits, or contracts.
The total FY 2012 budget request was $1,121,437.42.
The Quorum Court acts as the "voice of the people" in the county. It is made up of 13 members from individual districts. Members are:
The County's personnel handbook, which outlines employment policies along with some benefit details, can be found here.
Main article Arkansas state government salary
In February, 2012, the County's Finance and Administration Committee approved a 3% raise for many county employees. It also approved a 3% raise for all employees of the Faulkner County Library. The move appropriated $825,000 from the general fund into various county departments. Employees had not received raises in two years.
Main article Arkansas public pensions
Main article Arkansas government sector lobbying
The County does not provide information on government sector lobbying activities.
Transparency & public records
Public records request details are not available.
The County collected personal property and real estate taxes. The level is about 1% of the value of a home, mobile home, land, car, truck, trailer, four wheeler, boat, tractor, livestock, business building, inventory, or more. Personal Property must be assessed between January 1 and May 31 of each year. The tax is then paid the following year on or before October 15. Owners and occupants of one home or mobile home may received a $350 Homestead Credit each year.
- Official Faulkner County Website
- Faulkner County on E-Reference
- Faulkner County Courthouse
- Faulkner County on Local.Arkansas.gov
- Faulkner County Free Public Records Directory
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Meeting Info
- ↑ Quorum Court
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Quorum Court
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Collector
- ↑ "Committee approves 3 percent raises for county employees," TheCabin.net, February 14, 2012