For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Filing deadline report: Oregon Governor race heats up
The primary election is scheduled for May 20, 2014. Oregon is one of 12 states to use a strictly closed primary process, in which the selection of a party's candidates in an election is limited to registered party members.
Both incumbents are seeking re-election. They are:
Yesterday, March 11, the filing period for primary candidates and candidates for nonpartisan offices came to a close. The following list of candidates is current as of March 12, 2014.
A total of 9 candidates filed for the 2 offices - 6 Republicans, 2 Democrats and 1 officially nonpartisan.
- Oregon elections, 2014
- Oregon gubernatorial election, 2014
- Oregon down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- The Oregonian, "Election 2014: Some surprises on the last day to file for Oregon primary," March 12, 2014
- Oregon Live, "Oregon Rep. Dennis Richardson announces run for governor," July 24, 2013
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," January 10, 2014
- The Oregonian, "Portland businessman becomes latest to join growing group of Republican candidates for governor," January 14, 2014
- The Statesman-Journal, "A complete list of primary election races for the city, county and state," March 12, 2014
- The Oregonian, "Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian starts fundraising for 2014 re-election campaign," January 7, 2014