The Financial Institutions & Insurance Committee is a standing committee of the Washington State Senate.
Per Section V of the Senate Rules, committees of the Washington State Senate are appointed by the President of the Senate and confirmed by the senate.
Committees are responsible considering measures referred to them in the interest of the state.
The deliberations of committees considering a vote on any bill, resolution, or memorial must be open to the public.
See rules: Permanent Rules of the Senate
||The Senate Financial Institutions, Housing and Insurance Committee considers issues that include, but are not limited to, those relating to financing and insuring properties, including homes and automobiles, mortgage and sub-prime mortgage regulation, and prohibited practices; aspects of pay-day lending; life, property and casualty insurance filings and reporting requirements, regulation of the financial solvency of insurance companies, regulation of the market conduct of insurance companies, insurance claims and insurance fraud; securities; banking and credit unions; private lending; finance; Uniform Commercial Code, secured transactions and installment sales; credit card marketing and technology, consumer credit histories, credit freeze, and credit scoring; community credit needs, small loans, the unbanked, and pawn brokers.
(Please note: This general description should not be considered the definitive listing of issues considered by this committee.)
2015 legislative session
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2015 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2009 legislative session.
- ↑ Washington State Senate, "Permanent Rules of the Senate," accessed January 25, 2014 (Rule 41)
- ↑ Washington State Senate, "Permanent Rules of the Senate," accessed January 25, 2014 (Rule 44)
- ↑ Washington State Senate, "Permanent Rules of the Senate," accessed January 25, 2014 (Rule 45.3)
- ↑ Washington State Senate, "Financial Institutions, Housing & Insurance Committee," accessed January 25, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.