|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Michigan city websites
Last rated on April 20, 2012
- City budget information is posted.
- Agendas are posted.
- Contact information for elected officials is posted. 
- Building permits and zoning information  is available.
- Bid information is available.
- Audit information is available.
- Freedom of Information Act requests are handled by the law department.
- Local tax information is posted on the site.
- Meeting minutes are described as "Coming Soon."
- Administrative officials' names and contact details are not listed.
- Awarded contracts are not listed.
- No information on how to make a public records request on the Web site.
- Information on city funded lobbying activities is not included.
The fiscal 2012 budget calls for a 16.10 millage rate.
FY 2012 Estimated Expenditures
|Major Street Fund||6,696,717|
|Local Street Fund||2,628,575|
|Parks and Recreation Fund||566,490|
|Senior Citizen Centers Fund||0|
|Garbage and Rubbish Fund||3,431,122|
|State Revolv Loan Fund||0|
|Economic Development Corp Fund||0|
|Drug Law Enforcement Fund||195,851|
|Parking Deck Debt Service Fund||726,598|
|Public Improvement Fund||3,260,239|
|Drinking Water Revolv Fund||2,802,907|
|Building Inspection Fund||2,250,280|
|Oak Business Center Fund||0|
|Fringe Benefit Fund||29,128,212|
|Information Services Fund||2,664,307|
|Fleet Central Garage Fund||5,614,321|
|Self Insurance Fund||4,378,006|
|Retirement System Fund||69,707,000|
|Excess Pension Trust Fund||37,913|
|Retiree's Life Insurance Fund||100,600|
|Employee Health Care Fund||20,670,947|
Current city council members
|1st Ward||Delrico J. Loyd|
|2nd Ward||Jacqueline Foster Poplar (President)|
|3rd Ward||Bryant W. Nolden|
|4th Ward||Joshua M. Freeman|
|5th Ward||Bernard Lawler|
|6th Ward||Sheldon Neeley|
|7th Ward||Dale K. Weighill|
|8th Ward||Michael J. Sarginson|
|9th Ward||Scott Kincaid|
As of June 30, 2008, Flint's retirement liabilities were 60% funded. The 2010 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report found that nearly 3,000 people were receiving Flint retirement benefits. In fiscal 2010, the city paid d $22.5 for retiree health benefits, and had accrued liabilities for other post-employment benefits of $800 million.
According to the city, the unfunded pension and retiree health care liability went from 1270% to 0% of annual general fund revenue from 2009 to 2010.
Emergency financial manager
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has ordered a review of Flint's finances as preparation for considering appointing an Emergency Financial Manager over the city.
- Official City of Flint web site
- Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Flint Journal
- WNEM TV 5
- Flint Community Schools
- U.S. Census Bureau "Flint (city) QuickFacts," Accessed October 20, 2011
- Elected Officials
- Official City of Flint website "FY 2012 Annual Budget," Accessed October 20, 2011
- Official City of Flint website "City Council Members," Accessed October 20, 2011
- Official City of Flint website "Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for FY 2010," Accessed October 20, 2011
- Official City of Flint website "Performance Dashboard," Accessed October 20, 2011
- Flint Journal "Flint's cash flow under microscope as part of state financial review," Accessed October 20, 2011