For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Michigan city websites
Last rated on April 20, 2012
- City budget information is posted.
- Agendas are posted.
- Contact information for elected officials is posted.
- Building permits and zoning information is available.
- Bid information is available.
- Audit information is available.
- Freedom of Information Act requests are handled by the law department.
- Local tax information is posted on the site.
- Meeting minutes are described as "Coming Soon."
- Administrative officials' names and contact details are not listed.
- Awarded contracts are not listed.
- No information on how to make a public records request on the Web site.
- Information on city funded lobbying activities is not included.
The fiscal 2012 budget calls for a 16.10 millage rate.
FY 2012 Estimated Expenditures
|Major Street Fund||6,696,717|
|Local Street Fund||2,628,575|
|Parks and Recreation Fund||566,490|
|Senior Citizen Centers Fund||0|
|Garbage and Rubbish Fund||3,431,122|
|State Revolv Loan Fund||0|
|Economic Development Corp Fund||0|
|Drug Law Enforcement Fund||195,851|
|Parking Deck Debt Service Fund||726,598|
|Public Improvement Fund||3,260,239|
|Drinking Water Revolv Fund||2,802,907|
|Building Inspection Fund||2,250,280|
|Oak Business Center Fund||0|
|Fringe Benefit Fund||29,128,212|
|Information Services Fund||2,664,307|
|Fleet Central Garage Fund||5,614,321|
|Self Insurance Fund||4,378,006|
|Retirement System Fund||69,707,000|
|Excess Pension Trust Fund||37,913|
|Retiree's Life Insurance Fund||100,600|
|Employee Healthcare Fund||20,670,947|
Current city council members
|1st Ward||Delrico J. Loyd|
|2nd Ward||Jacqueline Foster Poplar (President)|
|3rd Ward||Bryant W. Nolden|
|4th Ward||Joshua M. Freeman|
|5th Ward||Bernard Lawler|
|6th Ward||Sheldon Neeley|
|7th Ward||Dale K. Weighill|
|8th Ward||Michael J. Sarginson|
|9th Ward||Scott Kincaid|
As of June 30, 2008, Flint's retirement liabilities were 60% funded. The 2010 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report found that nearly 3,000 people were receiving Flint retirement benefits. In fiscal 2010, the city paid d $22.5 for retiree health benefits, and had accrued liabilities for other post-employment benefits of $800 million.
According to the city, the unfunded pension and retiree health care liability went from 1270% to 0% of annual general fund revenue from 2009 to 2010.
Emergency financial manager
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has ordered a review of Flint's finances as preparation for considering appointing an Emergency Financial Manager over the city.
- Official City of Flint web site
- Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Flint Journal
- WNEM TV 5
- Flint Community Schools
- U.S. Census Bureau, "Flint (city) QuickFacts," accessed October 20, 2011
- Elected Officials
- Official City of Flint website, "FY 2012 Annual Budget," accessed October 20, 2011
- Official City of Flint website, "City Council Members," accessed October 20, 2011
- Official City of Flint website, "Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for FY 2010," accessed October 20, 2011
- Official City of Flint website, "Performance Dashboard," accessed October 20, 2011
- Flint Journal, "Flint's cash flow under microscope as part of state financial review," accessed October 20, 2011