Florida's 27th Congressional District
|Florida's 27th Congressional District|
|Current incumbent||Ileana Ros-Lehtinen|
|Gender||49.5% Male, 50.5% Female|
|Race||86.3% White, 8.3% Black, 1.7% Asian, 0.2% Native American|
|Median household income||$38,679|
|High school graduation rate||75.7%|
|College graduation rate||27.5%|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
The current representative of the 27th Congressional District is Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R).
The 27th Congressional District of Florida will hold an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Florida District 27 General Election, 2012|
|Independent||Thomas Joe Cruz-Wiggins||2.9%||6,663|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- See also: Redistricting in Florida
In 2011, the Florida State Legislature re-drew the congressional districts based on updated population information from the 2010 census. Florida's 27th Congressional District is a new district that will be created as a result of the 2010 Census. It is entirely within Miami-Dade county.
- The Washington Post "Census 2010 shows red states gaining congressional seats" Accessed December 18, 2011
- The Washington Post "Census 2010 shows red states gaining congressional seats" accessed Decemebr 15, 2011
- Florida 2012 Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 5, 2012
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Florida"