Florida 1928 ballot measures
- All of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was approved and three were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Local Gov't||Requires only general laws relating to cities and towns||
|Amendment 2||Local Gov't||Requires specific publications or an election to pass local or special laws||
|Amendment 3||Education||Allows for counties to be divided into schools districts, and for three elected school trustees to run each districts||
|Amendment 4||Gov't Salaries||Sets pay and eligibility requirements of state Legislators||
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, 1928 constitutional amendments
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1927-1928)
- Sample Ballot (in The Miami News, October 28, 1928)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |