Florida 1954 ballot measures
November 2, 1954 ballot in the state of Florida.Seven statewide ballot measures were on the
- All measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Six measures were approved and one was defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Legislature||Provides for legislative extra sessions with a 3/5ths vote in each house; sets compensation of legislature|
|Amendment 2||Transportation||Prohibits use of state funds for toll roads extending more than three counties|
|Amendment 3||Judiciary||Allows for additional county judges in counties with a population of more than 125,000|
|Amendment 4||State Exec||Gives the Governor 20 days to approve or veto bills instead of 10|
|Amendment 5||Taxes||Allows for county tax assessor to assess municipal tax upon voter approval|
|Amendment 6||Taxes||Provides for the County Tax Assessor in Monroe County to assess all property in the county for all tax districts|
|Amendment 7||Judiciary||Provides for an additional judge of the Court of Record in Escambia County|
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, 1954 constitutional amendments
- Sample Ballot in the St. Petersburg Times
- Biennial Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1953-1954)