For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida 1988 ballot measures
November 8, 1988 ballot in Florida.Eleven statewide ballot measures were on the
- Nine of the eleven measures were approved.
- Nine of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments. Two of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Judiciary||Allows for county court judges to be subject to impeachment by the Legislature|
|Amendment 2||Law enforcement||Grants crime victims the right to be informed of criminal proceedings|
|Amendment 3||Taxes||Allows high water recharge land to be classified by law solely on the basis of character or use|
|Amendment 4||Bond issues||Allows for issue of bonds for the acquisition of property for state roads|
|Amendment 5||Taxes||Extends the property tax exemption for widows to widowers as well|
|Amendment 6||Gov't Finances||Creates a Taxation and Budget Reform Commission with the power to propose statutory changes and constitutional amendments|
|Amendment 7||State judiciary||Increases terms of county court judges from four to six years|
|Amendment 8||State judiciary||Authorizes the Legislature to establish a hearing officer system to hear civil traffic offenses|
|Amendment 9||Veterans||Authorizes the creation of a Department of Veterans Affairs and a Department of Elderly Affairs|
|Amendment 10||Tort||Limits the amount that can be recovered for non-economic losses in civil actions regarding bodily injuries|
|Amendment 11||English||Establishes English as the official language of Florida|
- 1988 ballot measures
- List of Florida ballot measures
- Florida signature requirements
- Laws governing the initiative process in Florida
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Florida
- Initiatives submitted for review and comment
- 1988 Florida constitutional amendment election results
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-8-88
- 1988 General Election Sample Ballot (dead link) (From Citrus County)