Florida Absentee Voter Registration, Amendment 2 (1960)
|Florida Amendment 2 (1960)|
Election results via: Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1959-1960) (p.552-557)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO
Proposing an amendment to Article VI, Section 2 of the State Constitution to provide for original absentee registration of electors who are members of the armed forces and their spouses living outside the territorial limits of the States.
Section 2. Registration of Electors. The legislature, at its first session after the ratification of this constitution, shall provide by law for the registration of all the legally qualified voters in each county, and for the returns of elections; and shall also provide that after the completion, from time to time, of such registration, no person not duly registered according to law shall be allowed to vote.
The legislature may provide for the registration of electors who are members of the armed forces, and their spouses, living outside the territorial limits of the state.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by House Joint Resolution 813 of 1959.
- The amendment was filed with the Secretary of State on June 12, 1959.
- Sample Ballot (in the Bradford County telegraph, October 27, 1960)
- Text of the amendment
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1959-1960)
- Amendments made to state constitution November 8, 1960
- Bradford County telegraph, "General Election, Sample Ballot," October 27, 1960
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |