Florida Ballot Access, Public Campaign Financing and Election Process Revisions, Amendment 11 (1998)
The Florida Ballot Access, Public Campaign Financing and Election Process Revisions Amendment, also known as Amendment 11, was a commission referral in Florida which was approved on the ballot on November 3, 1998.
This amendment modified Articles IV, VI, and IX of the Florida Constitution in relation to ballot access, public campaign financing, election process. Amendment 11 was one of nine ballot measures placed on the 1998 Florida ballot by the Florida Constitution Revision Commission.
|Florida Amendment 11 (1998)|
Election results via: Florida Division of Elections.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Ballot Access, Public Campaign Financing, And Election Process Revisions.—Provides ballot access requirements for independent and minor party candidates cannot be greater than requirements for majority party candidates; allows all voters, regardless of party, to vote in any party's primary election if the winner will have no general election opposition; provides public financing of campaigns for statewide candidates who agree to campaign spending limits; permits candidates for governor to run in primary elections without lieutenant governor; makes school board elections nonpartisan; corrects voting age.||”|
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of Florida ballot measures
- Florida 1998 ballot measures
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission
- Analysis of Amendment 11
- Details of measure from the Florida Secretary of State
- Florida ballot measure database
- Journals of the 1997-1998 Constitution Revision Commission
- November 3, 1998 constitutional amendment election results
- Florida Secretary of State, Division of Elections, "Initiative Information"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |