Florida Casino Legalization, Amendment 8 (1994)
This amendment sought to modify Article X of the Florida Constitution to authorize a limited number of casinos in Broward, Dade, Duval, Escambia, Hillsborough, Lee, Orange, Palm Beach and Pinellas Counties.
|Florida Amendment 8 (1994)|
Election results via: Florida Division of Elections
Text of measure
The language on the ballot was:
|“||Authorizing a limited number of gaming casinos in Broward, Dade, Duval, Escambia, Hillsborough, Lee, Orange, Palm Beach and Pinellas Counties, with two in Miami Beach; and limited-size casinos with existing and operating pari-mutual facilities; and if authorized by the legislature up to five limited-size riverboat casinos in the remaining counties, but only one per county. Mandating implementation by the legislature. Effective upon adoption, but prohibiting casino gaming until July 1, 1995.||”|
- 1994 ballot measures
- Florida 1994 ballot measures
- List of Florida ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Text and vote results
- Sponsorship information
- I&R Institute ballot measure database for Florida
- 1994 General Election Sample Ballot (dead link) (from Citrus County)
- Florida Constitutional Revision Commission Information on 1994 Amendments
- Florida Secretary of State, Division of Elections, "Initiative Information"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |