Florida Civil Jury Trials in Brevard County, Amendment 6 (1960)
The Florida Civil Jury Trials in Brevard County Amendment, also known as Amendment 6, was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment in Florida which was approved on the ballot on November 8, 1960.
|Florida Amendment 6 (1960)|
Election results via: Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1959-1960) (p.552-557)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO
Proposing an amendment to Article XVI of the Constitution of Florida by adding thereto an additional section to be numbered by the Secretary of State authorizing the County of Brevard to hold civil jury trials in designated branch court houses within the county and further providing that all records in any civil trial conducted in any such branch court houses shall be filed in the main court house at the county seat.
Section __. Civil Jury Trials in Branch Court Houses in Brevard County. Civil trials by jury may be held as provided by law in designated branch court houses within Brevard County. All records of any civil trial conducted in any such branch court houses shall be filed in the main court house at the county seat.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by House Joint Resolution 1073 of 1959.
- The amendment was filed with the Secretary of State on June 18, 1959.
- Sample Ballot (in the Bradford County telegraph, October 27, 1960)
- Text of the amendment
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1959-1960)
- Amendments made to state constitution November 8, 1960
- Bradford County telegraph, "General Election, Sample Ballot," October 27, 1960
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |