For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Civil Jury Trials in Pasco County, Amendment 4 (1962)
The Florida Civil Jury Trials in Pasco County Amendment, also known as Amendment 4, was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment in Florida which was approved on the ballot on November 6, 1962.
|Florida Amendment 4 (1962)|
Election results via: Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1961-1962)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO
Proposing an amendment to Article XVI of the Constitution by adding an additional section providing that the Legislature may provide for civil jury trials to be held in any branch court house within Pasco County.
Section __. Civil Jury Trials in Pasco County; Location in Certain Branch Court Houses Within said County. The Legislature may, from time to time, and as the business of Pasco County may require, provide that trial by jury of all civil suits, properly triable by jury according to law, may be had and held in addition to the county seat in any branch court house, within said county. The legislature may provide also that the clerk of any court or any other court officer, within said county, shall maintain such offices within such municipality and have available such official books and records therein, as may be necessary to accomplish the purposes of this amendment; provided, however, that the principal offices of such clerks or other officers shall not be removed from the county seat.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by House Joint Resolution 1853 of 1961.
- The amendment was filed with the Secretary of State on June 8, 1961.
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1961-1962)
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-6-62
- Sample Ballot (in the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, November 5, 1962)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-6-62"
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune, "Sample Ballot," November 5, 1962
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |