Florida Constitution of 1885 Ratification (1886)
The Constitution of 1885 was a major revision of the post-Civil War "Carpetbag" Constitution of 1868.
|Florida Constitution of 1885 (1886)|
Election results via: State Archives of Florida Online Catalog
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot according to the Ordinance 1 of the Florida Constitutional Convention of 1885:
|“||For the Constitution
- "The 1885 Florida Constitutional Convention" (History Engine: Tools for Collaborative Education & Research)
- Constitution of 1885 text (Florida Constitution Revision Commission)
- Constitution of 1885 text (Printed edition from 1887 at Archive.org)
- Journal of the proceedings of the Constitutional Convention of the State of Florida (1885) (at Archive.org)
- Election Notice (in the Florida Mirror, October 16, 1886)
- History Engine: Tools for Collaborative Education & Research , "The 1885 Florida Constitutional Convention"
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Constitution of 1885: CONSTITUTION Adopted by the CONVENTION OF 1885"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.