For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Constitution of 1885 Ratification (1886)
The Constitution of 1885 was a major revision of the post-Civil War "Carpetbag" Constitution of 1868.
|Florida Constitution of 1885 (1886)|
Election results via: State Archives of Florida Online Catalog
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot according to the Ordinance 1 of the Florida Constitutional Convention of 1885:
|“||For the Constitution
- "The 1885 Florida Constitutional Convention" (History Engine: Tools for Collaborative Education & Research)
- Constitution of 1885 text (Florida Constitution Revision Commission)
- Constitution of 1885 text (Printed edition from 1887 at Archive.org)
- Journal of the proceedings of the Constitutional Convention of the State of Florida (1885) (at Archive.org)
- Election Notice (in the Florida Mirror, October 16, 1886)
- History Engine: Tools for Collaborative Education & Research , "The 1885 Florida Constitutional Convention"
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Constitution of 1885: CONSTITUTION Adopted by the CONVENTION OF 1885"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.