Florida County Officers, Amendment 1 (1914)
|Florida Amendment 1 (1914)|
Election results via: Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1913-1914)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Constitutional Amendment to Section 6, of Article 8, Abolishing Office of County Treasurer and fixing Term of Office of County Assessor of Taxes and Tax Collector for Four Years.||”|
Section 6. The Legislature shall provide for the election by the qualified electors in each County of the following County Officers: A Clerk of the Circuit Court, a Sheriff, Constables, a County Assessor of Taxes, a Tax Collector, a Superintendent of Public Instruction and a County Surveyor. The term of office of all County officers mentioned in this Section shall be for four years, except that of County Assessor of Taxes and County Tax Collector, who shall be elected for two years until at the general election to be held in the year A. D. 1916, when and after which they shall be elected for a term of four years. Their powers, duties and compensation shall be prescribed by law. The legislature shall provide by law for the care and custody of all County funds and shall provide the method of reporting and paying out all such funds.
Provided, County Treasurers elected in General Election held in 1914 shall hold office for the term elected.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by Committee Substitute for Joint Resolution 34, 89, and 98 of 1913.
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1913-1914)
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-3-14
- Sample Ballot (in The Miami News, November 2, 1914)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-3-14"
- The Miami News, "Official Proceedings of the County Commissioners," November 2, 1914
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |