Florida Executive Cabinet, Amendment 4 (1978)
|Florida Amendment 4 (1978)|
Election results via: Florida Elections Division
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Proposing a revision of the Florida Constitution to eliminate the cabinet composed of the secretary of state, the attorney general, the comptroller, the treasurer, the commissioner of agriculture and the commissioner of education in January, 1983; and to provide, in such event, that the governor, acting jointly with at least one officer, as provided by law, shall be responsible for the investment of state funds, the management of bond debt and the acquisition and disposition of state lands; and to provide that other cabinet duties shall be transferred by law.||”|
- Text of the measure
- Election Results
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-7-78
- General Election Sample Ballot (in the Ocala Star-Banner, November 5, 1978 -- See One Page Right of Link)
- A political ad regarding the amendments (in the Ocala Star-Banner, November 4, 1978)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-7-78"
- Florida Secretary of State, Division of Elections, "Initiative Information"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |