Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission, Amendment 4 (1974)
The Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission Amendment, also known as Amendment 4, was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment on the November 5, 1974 ballot in Florida, where it was approved.
This amendment modified Article IV, Section 9 of the Florida Constitution to require Senate approval of commission members and provide for general laws regulating the Game and Fresh Water Fish commission.
|Florida Amendment 4 (1974)|
Election results via: ICPSR
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
ARTICLE IV, SECTION 9
The resolution makes the appointment of game commission member subject to senate approval; provides that commission’s planning, personnel, purchasing and budgeting shall be provided by law; and that the legislature may appropriate funds to the commission.
Section 9. Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission.
There shall be a game and fresh water fish commission, composed of five members appointed by the governor subject to confirmation by the senate for staggered terms of five years. The commission shall exercise the regulatory and executive powers of the state with respect to wild animal life and fresh water aquatic life, except that all license fees for taking wild animal life and fresh water aquatic life and penalties for violating regulations of the commission shall be prescribed by specific statute. The legislature may enact laws in aid of the commission, not inconsistent with this section. The commission’s exercise of executive powers in the area of planning, budgeting, personnel management, and purchasing shall be as provided by l aw. Revenue derived from such license fees shall be appropriated to the commission by the legislature for the purpose of management, protection and conservation of wild animal life and fresh water aquatic life.
- Florida November 2, 1974 Amendment Proposals - Florida Constitutional Revision Commission
- Sample Ballot - Sarasota Herald-Tribune, November 4, 1974
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune, "General Election Sample Ballot," November 4, 1974
- REFERENDA AND PRIMARY ELECTION MATERIALS [Computer file]. ICPSR ed. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [producer and distributor], 1995. doi:10.3886/ICPSR00006.v1
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Florida Constitutional Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-5-74"
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |