Florida Hospital Association
- See also: Florida government sector lobbying
The Florida Hospital Association is a leading voice in Tallahassee that acts on behalf of the membership in various legal situations. FHA provides the latest data and information to promote sound legislation and to help its members manage their environments more effectively. Members of the FHA staff author and publish various newsletters and reports, prepare and present educational seminars and materials, respond to hospital and healthcare system needs by developing programs that leverage the bargaining power of FHA's membership and maintain a unified voice in the news media.
In 1927 executives of the general hospitals in Jacksonville agreed to sponsor the formation of an association of hospitals in Florida. A letter proposing the formation of a Florida Hospital Association was sent from the office of the Duval County Hospital, Jacksonville, (now Shands Jacksonville) to a number of the larger hospitals in the state on June 3,1927. Hospital CEOs were enthusiastic about an organization that would help advance the perception that “hospitals of Florida were not backward in the matter of organization,” and that there would be the opportunity to “form a pact of mutual helpfulness which might promote friendliness and goodwill in hospital circles throughout the State.”
- FHA Committee on Quality and Patient Safety
- Advocacy Committee
- FHA Finance Committee
- Uninsured/Underinsured Review Committee
- FHA 2008 Nominating Committee
- FHA Hospital Acquired Infection Prevention Advisory Panel
Products and services
In addition to advocacy, FHA provides a number of services to its membership:
- FHAMC Insurance Services is owned and operated by the Florida Hospital Association. FHA Insurance Services provides competitive insurance and risk finance solutions, risk management services, and employee benefit programs for FHA members.
- FHAMC Health Information Management Services provides a variety of services to assist member hospitals to improve cash-flow, eliminate backlogs, and optimize reimbursement while assuring HIM compliance.
- Print Services division, which FHA owns and operates from its offices in Orlando.
Income and expenses
|Year||Total expenses||Total income|| Membership dues |
(included in total income)