Florida Marine Net Fishing, Amendment 3 (1994)
|Florida Amendment 3 (1994)|
Election results via: Florida Division of Elections
Text of measure
The description on the ballot was:
|“||Limits the use of nets for catching saltwater finfish, shellfish, or other marine animals by prohibiting the use of gill and other entangling nets in all Florida waters, and prohibiting the use of other nets larger than 500 square feet in mesh area in nearshore and inshore Florida waters. Provides definitions, administrative and criminal penalties, and exceptions for scientific and governmental purposes.||”|
It was sponsored by the Save Our Sealife Committee. Karl Y. Wickstrom was the group's chairperson.
No information on opposition to this measure has yet been identified.
- 1994 ballot measures
- Florida 1994 ballot measures
- List of Florida ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- I&R Institute ballot measure database for Florida
- Text and vote results
- Sponsorship information
- Full text
- 1994 General Election Sample Ballot (from Citrus County)
- Florida Constitutional Revision Commission Information on 1994 Amendments
- Florida Secretary of State, Division of Elections, "Initiative Information"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |