Florida Parole Commission, Amendment 2 (1940)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
To amend Article 16, Florida Constitution, to authorize the Legislature to create a Parole Commission empowered to grant paroles or conditional releases or probations under official supervision to prisoners or persons charged with criminal offenses and to provide for the qualifications, method of selection and term of office of the Commission members.
Section 32. The Legislature may create a Parole Commission empowered to grant paroles or conditional releases or probation under official supervision to prisoners or persons charged with criminal offenses, and may provide for the qualification and method of selecting the Commission members and for their term of office the length of which shall be wholly within the discretion of the Legislature.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot as Senate Joint Resolution 1001 of 1939.
- The amendment was filed in Office Secretary of State on June 12, 1939.
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-5-40
- Sample Ballot (in The Evening Independent, November 4, 1940)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-5-40"
- The Evening Independent, "Sample Ballot for Election Nov. 5," November 4, 1940
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |