Florida Restructuring the State Cabinet, Amendment 8 (1998)
This amendment modified Articles II, III, IV, VIII, IX, XI, and XII of the Florida Constitution to restructure the state cabinet. Amendment 8 was one of nine ballot measures placed on the 1998 Florida ballot by the Florida Constitution Revision Commission.
|Florida Amendment 8 (1998)|
Election results via: Florida Division of Elections.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Restructuring The State Cabinet.—Merges cabinet offices of treasurer and comptroller into one chief financial officer; reduces cabinet membership to chief financial officer, attorney general, agriculture commissioner; secretary of state and education commissioner eliminated from elected cabinet; secretary of state duties defined by law; changes composition of state board of education from governor and cabinet to board appointed by governor; board appoints education commissioner; defines state board of administration, trustees of internal improvement trust fund, land acquisition trust fund.||”|
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of Florida ballot measures
- Florida 1998 ballot measures
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Analysis of Amendment 8
- Details of measure from the Florida Secretary of State
- Florida ballot measure database
- Journals of the 1997-1998 Constitution Revision Commission
- November 3, 1998 constitutional amendment election results
- Florida Secretary of State, Division of Elections, "Initiative Information"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |