Florida School Parity, Amendment 3 (1938)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
ARTICLE IX, SECTION 2
To Amend Section 2 of Article IX of the Constitution of the State of Florida requiring the raising of revenue to defray the expenses of State Government, including State appropriations for benefits of uniform system of public free schools and of State Institutions of Higher Learning, and also a sufficient sum to pay the principal and interest of the existing indebtedness of the State.
Section 2. The Legislature shall provide for raising revenue to defray the expenses of the State, including state appropriations for the benefit of the Uniform system of public free schools provided in accordance with Article XII of the Constitution, and of the State Institutions of Higher Learning, for each fiscal year, and also a sufficient sum to pay the principal and interest of the existing indebtedness of the State.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot as Senate Joint Resolution 141 of 1937.
- The amendment was approved by the Governor on May 20, 1937.
- The amendment was filed in Office Secretary of State on May 20, 1937.
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-8-38
- Sample Ballot (in The Palm Beach Post, November 6, 1938)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-8-38"
- The Evening Independent, "Pinellas Expects Big Vote Tuesday," November 7, 1938
- The Palm Beach Post, "Sample Ballot," November 6, 1938
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |