Florida Tax Exemption for Inventory and Livestock, Amendment 13 (1966)
The Florida Tax Exemption for Inventory and Livestock Amendment, also known as Amendment 13, was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment in Florida which was approved on the ballot on November 8, 1966.
|Florida Amendment 13 (1966)|
Election results via: Florida Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
TAXATION, Exemption—Proposing an amendment to Article IX, adding Section 14A, of the State Constitution providing that goods, wares, commodities and merchandise commonly known as stock in trade or inventory and livestock may be exempted in part from ad valorem taxation as personal or tangible property as the Legislature may prescribe.
Section 14A. Exemption; Stock in Trade. Goods, wares, commodities and merchandise, commonly known as stock in trade or inventory and livestock, may be exempted in part from ad valorem taxation as personal or tangible property as the legislature may prescribe by general law of uniform operation throughout the state.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by House Joint Resolution 578 of 1965.
- The amendment was approved by the Governor on June 24, 1965.
- The amendment was filed with the Secretary of State on June 25, 1965.
- Tabulation of Official Votes Cast in the General Election (1966)
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-8-66
- Sample Ballot (in the Ocala Star-Banner, November 1, 1966)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-8-66"
- Ocala Star-Banner, "Automatic Voting Machine Sample Ballot," November 1, 1966
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |