Florida Taxes from Pari-Mutuel Pools, Amendment 4 (1960)
This amendment sought to modify Article IX of the Florida Constitution to provide for the allocation of excise taxes collected by the state or under its authority from the operation of pari-mutuel pools.
|Florida Amendment 4 (1960)|
Election results via: Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1959-1960) (p.552-557)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO
Proposing an amendment to Article IX, Section 15 of the Constitution of the State of Florida providing not less than forty-five per cent of all excise taxes levied and collected by the State or under its authority, from the operation of pari-mutuel pools shall be allocated and distributed in equal parts to the several counties of the State.
Section 15. Allocation of Excise Taxes. Not less than forty-five per cent (45%) of all excise taxes levied and collected by the State, or under its authority, from the operation of pari-mutuel pools shall be allocated and distributed in equal parts to the several counties of the State. 
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by Senate Joint Resolution 734 of 1959.
- The amendment was filed with the Secretary of State on May 25, 1959.
- Sample Ballot (in the Bradford County telegraph, October 27, 1960)
- Text of the amendment
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1959-1960)
- Amendments made to state constitution November 8, 1960
- Bradford County telegraph, "General Election, Sample Ballot," October 27, 1960
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |