Florida Widow Tax Exemption, Amendment 1 (1916)
|Florida Amendment 1 (1916)|
Election results via: Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1915-1916)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Constitutional Amendment, Article IX, Section 9, Relative to Widow’s Tax Exemption.||”|
Section 9. There shall be exempt from taxation property to the value of five hundred dollars to every widow that has a family dependent on her for support, and to every person who is a bona fide resident of the State and has lost a limb or been disabled in war or by misfortune.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by Senate Joint Resolution 140 of 1915.
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1915-1916)
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-7-16
- Sample Ballot (in The Miami News, October 28, 1916)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-7-16"
- The Miami News, "Sample Ballot," October 28, 1916
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |