Florida Widow Tax Exemption, Amendment 6 (1940)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
ARTICLE IX, SECTION 9
Section 9. There shall be exempt from taxation property to the value of Five Hundred Dollars to every widow and to every person who is a bona fide resident of the State and has lost a limb or been disabled in war or by misfortune.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot as House Joint Resolution 375 of 1939.
- The amendment was filed in Office Secretary of State on June 12, 1939.
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-5-40
- Sample Ballot (in The Evening Independent, November 4, 1940)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-5-40"
- The Evening Independent, "Sample Ballot for Election Nov. 5," November 4, 1940
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |