TALLAHASSEE, Florida: This month the Florida Secretary of State approved petition language for the proposed Florida Personhood Amendment for the 2010 ballot. The amendment is supported by Personhood Florida (PF) and is part of a nationwide effort to place the measures on 2010 ballots. The Florida effort is also supported by American Life League.
Approved petition language reads:
SECTION 28. Person Defined: (a)The words "person" and "natural person" apply to all human beings, irrespective of age, race, health, function, condition of physical and/or mental dependency and/or disability, or method of reproduction, from the beginning of biological development of that human being. (b)This amendment shall take effect on the first day of the next regular legislative session occurring after voter approval of this amendment.
* Florida Personhood Amendment (2010)
- ↑ Ms. Magazine,"Ballot Language in Personhood Initiative Approved," September 25, 2009
- ↑ Life Site News,"Florida Pro-Life Group Announces Personhood Amendment Campaign," September 11, 2009
- ↑ Sun Sentinel,"Personhood Florida: the ballot language," September 23, 2009
- ↑ Florida Secretary of State,"Petition Form," retrieved September 28, 2009