Floyd Patrick Miller
|Floyd Patrick Miller|
|U.S. House, Florida, District 2|
Miller stated the following about his political philosophy in a biographical submission to Ballotpedia:
"I will work to bring a balance to the Left and Right pull. I will work for sensible regulation that is proactive in helping businesses operate safely for we the people (consumers and labor). I will work to reduce spending. I will work for fair and balanced revenue to reduce deficits.I will work with both sides to do the business of governing to help bring confidence to the rating agency's to return the United States back to a AAA rating. I will fight for Veterans, Women, Children, Working Class and Seniors. Clint Eastwood said We own this Country to the 1%, My Answer is We Run This Country to the 99%(Consumers And Working Class). "
He also added the following:
- "I am for ending the war on drugs for legalizing Marijuana and dealing with the illness of addiction of other substances.
- I am for raising the minimum wage to a living wage starting at $15.50 connected to the inflation rate.
- I am for protecting the Chamber of Commerce from them selves, the agenda they have pushed for 41 years has gone past a balance, this is a root cause of many problems we face as a Nation.
- I am for the working class and for protecting consumers.
- I am for lowering the retirement age and fully funding Social Security and Medicare."
Miller ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 2nd District. Miller sought the nomination on the Independent ticket. He was defeated in the general election by incumbent Steve Southerland II.
|U.S. House, Florida District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Steve Southerland II Incumbent||52.7%||175,856|
|Independent||Floyd Patrick Miller||0.1%||228|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Floyd + Miller + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |