Forestville Fire Protection District parcel tax, Measure V (November 2010)
Measure V levied a $75 annual parcel tax on any parcel in the district with a home or business. The tax does not apply to bare land.
According to fire chief Dan Northern, the district needed the money in order to start replacing its aging fleet of four firetrucks, the oldest of which was, at the time of the vote on Measure V, 26 years old. "We are hitting a cycle where every five years we will need to replace a fire engine, at a cost of $200,000 to $400,000.The money doesn’t exist."
- These final, certified, election results are from the Sonoma County elections office.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
About the district
- The Forestville Fire Protection District covers 25 square miles.
- It has six full-time firefighters and 31 volunteers
- The department responds to 700 calls a year.
- In FY 2010-2011, the district's budget is $1.1 million, with a $66,000 shortfall.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure V: Shall Forestville Fire Protection District Ordinance No. 09/10-01 be approved, authorizing the District to impose and levy a new special tax having a flat rate of $75 per improved parcel of real property within the Fire Protection District, to assist in meeting the costs of providing authorized services and exercising other rights and powers of the District?|