Former Hawaii Representative announces end of political career
Case sent an email to supporters saying he will be senior vice president and chief legal officer for the Hawaii-based hotel chain and that he will likely not be a candidate for public office so long as he is with Outrigger. He says this "likely ends any further political career" because he hopes to be at Outrigger for a long time.
Starting July 22, 2013 he will manage legal affairs for Outrigger Enterprises Group, including assisting with the acquisition, development and management of real estate assets, supporting the company’s hotel and condominium management business and overseeing all internal and external legal matters.
Case served in the U.S. House of Representatives representing Hawaii's 2nd Congressional District from 2002 to 2007. Prior to that he served in the Hawaii House of Representatives from 1994 to 2002. He has been an attorney in private practice since he unsuccessfully challenged then-Sen. Daniel Akaka in the Democratic primary for the seat in 2006. In 2012, Case lost to Mazie Hirono in the Democratic primary to succeed Akaka in the Senate.
He had previously been mentioned as a potential candidate for 1st Congressional District in 2014. U.S. Rep. Colleen Hanabusa is vacating the seat to challenge U.S. Sen. Brian Schatz in the Democratic primary for Senate in 2014.
- Hawaii's 2nd Congressional District
- U.S. House
- Former Rep. Ed Case
- United States Senate special election in Hawaii, 2014
- Hawaii's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
- News: Hawaii News Now "Ed Case to work at Outrigger, ends political career"
- News: Honolulu Star Advertiser "Case takes Outrigger job, leaves politics"
- News: E-Turbo News "Former US Congressman Ed Case to join Outrigger Hotels & Resorts"
|Propositions •||Recall||• Law|
- E Turbo News "Former US Congressman Ed Case to join Outrigger Hotels & Resorts" Accessed July 14, 2013
- Honolulu Star Advertiser "Case takes Outrigger job, leaves politics" Accessed July 14, 2013
- Hawaii News Now "Ed Case to work at Outrigger, ends political career" Accessed July 14, 2013
- Biz Journals "Former Hawaii Congressman Ed Case to join Outrigger, hints political career is over" Accessed July 14, 2013