Forsyth County, North Carolina
This information was last reviewed: 6/15/12
- The current budget is published and previous budgets are available for the last three years
- The calendar of meetings and meeting agendas and archives and minutes are available and archived at least three years
- Names of elected officials, email contact form, individual phone numbers, and a physical address is available
- Names of administrative officials, email contact forms, individual phone numbers, and a physical address is available
- Permit applications are available for downloadand zoning ordinances are available
- The current audit is published and previous audits are available for the last three years
- Bids are posted, including approved contracts over $10,000
- A public records contact is available and public records policies are available in a central location
- Tax revenues are available and tax rates are published
- Individual email addresses for commissioners are unavailable.
- Individual email addresses for department officials are unavailable, and email contacts for some departments.
- Lobbyists and lobbying memberships to government sector lobbying associations and associated fees are unavailable.
|Bill Whiteheart||At-Large Commissioner||December 2014|
|Everette Witherspoon||District A Commissioner||December 2014|
|Walter Marshall||District A Commissioner||December 2014|
|Debra Conrad||District B Commissioner||December 2014|
|Richard Linville||District B Commissioner||December 2012|
|David Plyler||District B Commissioner||December 2012|
|Gloria Whisenhunt||District B Commissioner||December 2012|
|Ronda Tatum||Director Budget & Management|
|Dudley Watts, Jr.||County Manager|
|Carla Holt||Clerk to the Board|
|Melton Sadler||Director Emergency Management|
|Paul Fulton, Jr.||Chief Financial Officer|
|Scott Angell||Director of General Services|
|John Dean||Director Human Resources|
|Charles Norton||Inspections Director|
|Robert Robinson||Director of Management Information Services|
|Paul Norby||Planning Board Director|
|Norman Hollerman||Register of Deeds|
- Total expenditures are $387,351,489, an increase of $5,565,957, or 1.5%. However, when factoring in the increase in debt service of $9,985,926, the operating portion of the budget is down $4,419,969, or -1.2%. Funding for health plans, retirement contributions, and other expenses increased by $1,510,277 was largely offset by operational reductions in the departmental budgets.
- The Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) presented an Award for Distinguished Budget Presentation to Forsyth County for its annual budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2010.
The city of Winston-Salem, the county seat of Forsyth County, received $47,456,760 in federal stimulus money through 92 grants and no contracts.
Total taxes account for $284,112,043 of revenue. Ad valorem taxes generated $232,873,138, sales taxes generated $50,529,230, and occupancy taxes generated $450,000.
See also: North Carolina state government salary
See also: North Carolina public pensions
- Forsyth County Wikipedia
- Budgets and archives
- Meetings calendar
- Agendas and archives
- Minutes and archives
- Elected officials
- Administrative officials
- Bid results
- Public records
- Tax revenues
- Tax rates
- Budget analysis
- Budget Presentation Award
- Winston-Salem Federal stimulus
- Tax revenue numbers