Fort Wayne, Indiana
The city has 1,984 employees.
Councilmembers are elected for four-year terms.
In 2011, Mayor Tom Henry (D) won re-election.
|Source||2010 Revenue||2011 Revenue|
|Licenses & Permits||$3,003,215||$4,052,972|
|Services & Fees||$17,131,686||$17,295,551|
|Fines & Forfeitures||$832,500||$716,000|
|Total City Revenue||$208,269,390||$204,168,949|
|Department||2010 Expenditures||2011 Expenditures|
|Finance & Admin||$9,423,548||$8,822,104|
|Parks & Rec||$12,746,029||$13,074,454|
|CEDIT Income Tax Fund||$25,178,042||$21,796,998|
|Total City Budget||$202,827,093||$198,854,552|
|Fund||Unfunded Actuarial Accrued Liability (UAAL)||UAAL as a Percentage of Covered Payroll|
|Public Employees' Retirement Fund||$31,955,519||65%|
|Police Officers' Pension Plan||$113,543,840||14,518%|
|Firefighters' Pension Plan||$97,902,419||195,414%|
|Sanitary Officers' Pension||$6,192,873||N/A|
Other post-employment benefits
The city's other post-employment benefits (OPEBs) were 0% funded, with unfunded liabilities equaling $65,779,025, or 67% of payroll.
The 2010 total property tax rate was $2.9703 per $100 assessed value, of which the city's portion is $1.2238. The gross income tax rate was 3.4%.
Indiana Transparency Portal
The Indiana State Auditor has launched an Indiana Transparency Portal (ITP), containing budget and financial information for local governments. The interactive report-builder page offers a range of information. Users can find financial data for a county, municipality or other unit of government.
The ITP currently has data only for 2012. Because Fort Wayne hasn't posted its 2012 budget yet, it is not possible to compare its numbers to the ITP data. According to the ITP, Fort Wayne's 2012 budgeted revenues are $199,974,537 and its expenditures are $187,853,255.
|Transparency grading process|
See also: Evaluation of Indiana city websites
This website was reviewed on November 9, 2011.
- City council members are listed with election and contact information.
- Council meetings are posted, with schedules, agendas, and minute archives.
- Bid information is posted.
- Budgets and audits are posted, with archives.
- Local tax rates are posted in the "Fort Wayne at a Glance" section of the Budget in Brief.
- Zoning maps are posted.
- Building permits are posted.
- Contact information is posted on department pages.
- No information is posted on government sector lobbying.
- No information is posted on public records requests.
- Indiana on State Budget Solutions
- Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Wayne Community Schools
- Official Fort Wayne website "2011 Budget in Brief," accessed November 9, 2011
- Official Fort Wayne website "City Council," accessed November 9, 2011
- Fort Wayne Journal Gazette "Jehl tops Goldner; Crawford is back," accessed November 9, 2011
- Indianapolis Business Journal "Mayoral roundup: Republicans dominate elections," accessed November 9, 2011
- Official Fort Wayne website "2010 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report," accessed November 9, 2011
- Indiana Gateway for Government Unites "Report Builder," accessed November 28, 2011
- Official Fort Wayne website "City Council Meetings," accessed November 9, 2011
- Official Fort Wayne website "Purchasing," accessed November 9, 2011
- Official Fort Wayne website "Controller's Office," accessed November 9, 2011
- Official Fort Wayne website "Land Use Management and Zoning Maps," accessed November 9, 2011
- Official Fort Wayne website "eServices," accessed November 9, 2011
Rated cities in IndianaRated Cities in Indiana