Fort Zumwalt R-II School District, Missouri
|Fort Zumwalt R-II School District|
|Superintendent:||Bernard J. DuBray|
|Number of schools:||24|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Mike Price|
About the districtSt. Charles County in O'Fallon, Missouri. It is located in the third largest county in Missouri. According to the 2010 United States Census, O'Fallon is home to 79,329 residents.
O'Fallon underperformed the state average in median household income and residents living below the poverty level. The United States Census Bureau found that 38.3 percent of O'Fallon residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 25.8 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in O'Fallon was $77,210 compared to $51,529 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in O'Fallon was 3.9 percent compared to 15.0 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
Bernard J. DuBray is the current superintendent of Fort Zumwalt R-II School District. He has served in this role since 1989. DuBray has had a middle school in the district named after him.
The Fort Zumwalt R-II School District Board of Education is composed of seven members serving three-year terms.
|Fort Zumwalt R-II Board of Education|
School board elections
Members of the Fort Zumwalt R-II School District Board of Education are elected to three-year terms. There was no primary election and the general election for three seats was held on April 8, 2014. Two seats were up for election in 2013 and two seats will be up for election in 2015.
Fort Zumwalt R-II School District publishes its annual budget on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Fort Zumwalt R-II School District employed 1,355 K-12 teachers during the 2011-12 school year. Teacher salaries are categorized based on higher education achievement, professional development and years of service. A teacher with a bachelor's degree can earn higher salaries by pursuing graduate courses with raises at credit intervals. The salary schedule also accounts for graduate degrees by providing higher starting salaries and greater potential salaries. The following table details the salary schedule negotiated between the district and the Fort Zumwalt Teachers for 2012-2013:
|Degree level||Minimum salary ($)||Maximum salary ($)|
|B.A. + 12||36,520||58,213|
|B.A. + 24||37,010||58,823|
|MA + 12||40,990||74,696|
|MA + 24||41,480||75,511|
|MA + 36||42,060||76,890|
|Spec/MA + 48||42,630||78,270|
Schools in Fort Zumwalt R-II School District
Fort Zumwalt R-II School District served 18,625 students in 24 schools in the 2012-2013 school year.
Fort Zumwalt R-II School District operates 24 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Fort Zumwalt R-II School District|
|Dr. Bernard J. Dubray Middle|
|Forest Park Elementary|
|Joseph L. Mudd Elementary|
|Lewis & Clark Elementary|
|Mid Rivers Elementary|
|Mt. Hope Elementary|
|Pheasant Point Elementary|
|Progress South Elementary|
|Rock Creek Elementary|
|St. Peters Elementary|
|Twin Chimneys Elementary|
Missouri’s Top 10 by 20 plan holds as a primary goal that all students will graduate high school college-and-career-ready. To measure progress toward this goal and to distinguish among school and district performance, the Department computes an Annual Performance Report (APR) score for each Local Education Agency (LEA) and school. This overall score is comprised of scores for each of the MSIP 5 Performance Standards
- Academic Achievement
- Subgroup Achievement
- High School Readiness (K-8 districts) or College and Career Readiness (K-12 districts)
- Attendance Rate
- Graduation Rate (K-12 districts).
Status, progress, and growth (where applicable) are used to calculate a comprehensive score used to determine the accreditation level of a school district. Data for academic achievement (English language arts and mathematics), subgroup achievement (English language arts and mathematics) and graduation rate are also used for federal accountability determinations, including reward, focus and priority school identification, for LEAs and schools.
The MSIP 5 Performance Standards were approved by the State Board of Education in December of 2011 and go into effect two years from the date of approval. Missouri’s ESEA Flexibility Request was approved by the United States Department of Education in July of 2012. The components used for federal accountability went into effect upon approval of the request.
|MSIP 5 Performance Comparison|
|MSIP 5 Standards||Possible Points||Points Earned||Percent Earned|
|College and Career Ready||30||25.0||83.3%|
For the 2012-2013 school year, Fort Zumwalt R-II School District students earned an average Missouri Assessment Program index score of 373.3. Students scored highest in science with an index score of 395.8, but they scored lowest in social studies with an index score of 349.9. The district's average MAP index score ranked 55 out of the 469 Missouri school districts that reported scores for all four tested subject areas.
- Missouri school districts
- List of school districts in Missouri
- Fort Zumwalt R-II School District elections (2014)
- School board elections portal
- Fort Zumwalt R-II School District, "Annual Budget 2012-2013," accessed December 2, 2013
- Missouri Comprehensive Data System, "School Finance Report" accessed February 7, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "O'Fallon (city), Missouri," accessed February 7, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Steve Pokin St. Charles County Suburban Journal, "POKIN AROUND: The job he loves; DuBray, 26 years at helm and still going strong," May 6, 2011
- Fort Zumwalt R-II School District, "Board of Education," accessed February 7, 2014
- Jefferson County, Missouri, "Sample Ballot," accessed February 5, 2014
- Fort Zumwalt School District, "Facts at a Glance," accessed February 7, 2014
- Fort Zumwalt School District, "FORT ZUMWALT SCHOOL DISTRICT SALARY SCHEDULE 2012-2013 revised 7-17-12," accessed February 6, 2014
- Fort Zumwalt R-II School District, "Schools in Fort Zumwalt R-II," accessed February 6, 2014
- Missouri Comprehensive Data System, "Summary Annual Performance Report, Accesssed February 7, 2014
- Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education, "State Assessment," accessed July 8, 2014